El Sol can provide consulting in the following areas:
Partnership and Collaboration
El Sol has developed partnerships through the region implementing programs using the CHWs and promotores model in collaboration with other agencies. Organizations seeking to explore partnerships and learn more about CHWs and promotores and how to effectively incorporate them into their delivery models have sought out El Sol as subject matter experts. El Sol continues to strengthen and expand new collaborations to Southern California agencies using innovative models to leverage our experience and co-create meaningful systems solutions for even greater impact.
El Sol has created curriculums for CHWs and promotores for the Latino, African American, Asian American, and Native American communities. Topics such as Mental Health, Diabetes, Healthy Eating, CHWs/Promotores 101, Popular Education, informal learning, care coordination, conflict resolution, leadership, etc. In addition, El Sol had created educational materials and resource that are used to educate community residence. Resource include but not limited to content/topic specific flip charts, games, “plaza comunitaria”, community books, and theatrical shows.
Training CHWs and Promotores
El Sol has more than 15 years of experience implementing programs and training around 280 CHWs and promotores in multiple topics and projects. Community organizations may request assistance to train personnel to serve as community health workers and promotores, following a curriculum that has proved successful. Training is an essential component of health programs that incorporate CHWs and promotores in the delivery of health education and behavioral interventions. During training sessions, CHWs and promotores are exposed to information and skill-building activities they need to implement the health programs using popular education.
Training for CHWs and Promotores Managers and Supervisors
El Sol has developed a comprehensive training for managers that consists in 24 hours to further understand the CHW/Promotores model. Trainees are exposed to best practices in implementing CHW programs and also strengthen their supervisory skills necessary in supporting Community Health Workers who are deployed throughout the community.
Consulting and Technical Assistance
El Sol has provided consulting and technical assistance across the United States, Mexico and Japan.
El Sol is able to act as a trusted recruiting and staffing partner for CHWs and promotores. Because of the expertise in identifying and training of CHWs and promotores, organizations may use El Sol in their efforts to hire personnel. Our services are designed to provide our partners with contract, hire placement and payroll services for CHWs and promotores.
Evidence Based Home Visitation Consulting
El Sol has experience with home visitation and offers consulting in the following services:
- Develops and maintains model protocols and training manuals;
- Facilitates and promotes the development of referral pathways between home visitation providers, other existing home visitation programs and other community resources to meet a family’s needs;
- Assists in the development of data management information system.
- Establishes and implements a system for performance monitoring and continuous quality improvement;
- Facilitates cross-site peer learning exchanges between home visitation programs;
- Facilitates site specific and cross-site team building and professional development activities to promote staff retention;
- Provides mentoring and coaching for program managers and supervisors on implementation of reflective supervision and trauma sensitive services;
- Coordinates and supports communication and messaging efforts within the County and to the community at large